“Bonafide Boiler Monster Slayers”
When some of us hear the word “boiler” we imagine a big, scary monster from our childhood that made awful noises and spewed flames. Since those years, boiler heaters have become smaller and more efficient (and much less scary) – and they could be an optimal choice for your home.
Furnaces and boilers are the most common way we heat our homes. Boiler heaters use hot water in pipes to heat a house. A furnace heats air and a fan blows it throughout a series of ducts. Both are known as a Central Heating System as they are located in a central place in your home and the heat is distributed throughout the building.
BENEFITS OF USING A BOILER HEATER IN YOUR HOME
Whether you should install a furnace or boiler depends on the needs of your home.
- A boiler is better suited for those who desire to control heating room by room.
- Boilers also provide the heat for a radiant heat floor system.
- Boilers are more expensive to install but will save you more money, than a furnace, over time.
- Boilers need maintenance only once a year. (A furnace needs its filters changed monthly).
- Boilers do not blow dust and dirt around likes forced air or furnaces.
Your boiler can last you up to 30 years if it is well-maintained by a professional on a regular basis. At CW’s Plumbing, we will perform a yearly checkup, install an upgraded, more energy-efficient boiler, or retrofit/repair your current system and make sure you are up to code by pulling an inspection permit.
Schedule a boiler service inspection, repair, or new boiler heater installation by calling CW’s at 719-687-4122 or requesting a quote below.